It’s not been only few months since Moto G got released and got launched in the Android Market and now as their promise Motorola has started rolling Kitkat update for the India variant version of Moto G.Motorola announced it on their official site that after you update Moto G To Android Kitkat you will get the latest version of Android Os and new features as well as enhancements and bug fixes.
As Motorola announced they have started rolling the updates in India and most of the peoples are able to update Moto G To Android Kitkat.The update is 230.7 MB is size so you need an Wi-Fi connection to update your device to the latest Android Version available.You can head to your settings menu and install the update on your Android phone.
Very few Android phones got Kitkat update officially and Moto G is going to be one of those.This seems to be a minor update but you will be getting many enhancements and bug fixes on your device.You can also try updating Moto G to Android Kitkat unofficially and the tutorial will be coming in few weeks.You can read some of the tutorials like how to update Galaxy Ace to Kitkat or Update Galaxy Note N7000 to Android Kitkat.
The Android 4.4.2 Kitkat brings many enhancements and some of them is a new improved dialer app,some camera improvements and here are some of those.
- Phone Dialer-It improved the phone app with the ability to look up contacts directly from the dial pad,search your corporate directory easily.
- Gallery Photo Editing-New photo editing options added to the gallery app like new filter effects,advanced cropping,adjustments to color,contrast,exposure,draw on your photos and more.
- Hangout SMS/MMS Support-A new version of Google Hangout that supports integrated MMS/SMS Messaging.
- Printing Documents and Pictures-Added support for printing images,Gmail Messages,Google Docs and other content via Bluetooth,Wi-Fi and some hosted services like Google Cloud Print and Ht ePrinters.
If you are going for the update don’t forget to follow the safety measures so that something bad doesn’t happen with your Motorola Moto G.Here is the tutorial on how to update Moto G To Android Kitkat.
How To Update Moto G To Android Kitkat
You will receive a push notification when Android Kitkat update will be available for your device or you can do the update manually too.We are going to discuss both the methods to update Moto G to Android Kitkat.
If you received notification then you can directly go download the update and install it on your Moto G.After the update is installed your device will restart automatically.For Global GSM build your device will be updated with 172.44.4.falcon_umts.Retail.en.Us and for Us GSM Build your device will be updated with 172.44.4.falcon_umts.AWSRetail.en.US.
Those who didn’t get any notification message for this update can follow these steps to update Moto G To Android Kitkat 4.4.
- Open the settings menu.
- Now select “About Phones”.
- Select “System Updates”.
- Now click on download and once it is downloaded click on install.
- After the kitkat update is installed device will restart automatically.
- For Global GSM Build your phone will be updated with 172.44.4.falcon_umts.Retail.en.US.For US GSM Build your phone will be updated with 172.44.4.falcon_umts.AWSRetail.en.US
Hope this update reaches your Moto G soon and you update Moto G to Android Kitkat 4.4.2.If you are having any problems or have any questions or suggestions feel free to ask in comments and don’t forgt to share this good news with your friends.