Google just released Android v4.4 Kitkat and many of the android users are waiting for this update on their device but Android 4.4 has not been announced for many devices.Android V4.4 Kitkat is a faster and newer version of android which open the gates to new apps and improves your system performance and this is why every android user wants this update and this is why today we are here with a tutorial on how to update Samsung Galaxy Y to Android Kitkat 4.4.
This update is not official as Kitkat has not been announced for Samsung Galaxy Y but there are some methods through which you can get Android Kitkat 4.4 on your device.If you are looking for a tutorial on How To Update Samsung Galaxy Y To Android Kitkat 4.4 then I think you are on the right place as we have the perfect tutorial here just for you.
Rooting is a process which gives you root access to your system setting and before updating your Galaxy Y to Android Kitkat 4.4 you need to know how to root Samsung Galaxy Y and first root your device and install CWM Recovery on your device.You can start with installing CWM on your device and then updating Galaxy Y to Android V4.4(Kitkat) you can also update Galaxy Ace To Kitkat.
Rooting has many benefits but it can cause damage to your device too.So you need to be patient while doing the process and don’t forget to go through the requirements and don’t forget to install one of the best antivirus for android after finishing the process and read some of our rooting tutorials to get an idea.
Safety Measures To Follow Before Updating Galaxy Y To Kitkat 4.4
- Charge your Galaxy Y to a minimum of 80%.
- Backup All your contacts and apps and media files etc.
- Enable Usb Debugging on your device.
- First root your device by the above tutorial and then install the CWM Recovery first.
Download Required Files
How To Update Samsung Galaxy Y To Android Kitkat 4.4 and Install CWM Recovery
- Download all the required files and copy them into your SD Card.
- Now switch your device off and boot into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up+Power+Home.
- Now select “Apply Update From SD Card” and choose CWM file.
- Now once done select Install Zip from SD Card and now select Cyanogenmod.zip after installing select boot recovery.
- Now we need to format everything so format data,format cache,format system from the mount and storage option.
- Now go back and select install from SD and now select Android Kitkat 4.4 ROM from the SD Card.
- Now The Android 4.4 ROM has been installed now do a factory reset of the device.
- So now Galaxy Y has been updated to Android 4.4(Kitkat).
So now you know How To Update Samsung Galaxy Y To Android Kitkat 4.4 and it takes a maximum of 20-25 minutes and this is one of the best working tutorials on the web.If you are having any problems updating and have any questions then fee free to ask in comments and you can also try CyanogenMod Themes or Go Launcher Ex Themes on our device now.