Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 is one of the best Samsung Android Phones but it doesn’t seems that it is going to get Android Kitkat update anywhere in the future and there is announcement about it from Samsung too.So if you want to update Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 to Android Kitkat you need to try the unofficial way and you can do this by using special ROM designed by XDA developers to update Android devices to Kitkat.
As there’s no trace of official Android 4.4 Kitkat Update on Galaxy Note N7000 we are going to use some Custom rom to update Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 to Android Kitkat.If you are going to update Galaxy Note to Kitkat then you need to root Samsung Galaxy Note first and after that you can this ROM on your device.
We are going to use OmniROM 4.4 to upgrade Galaxy Note to Kitkat.OmniROM is a custom based firmware running Android Kitkat 4.4It is a ROM by XDA Developers and we are going to use this ROM to update Galaxy Note to Kitkat.You can try reading how to update Galaxy Ace to Kitkat or how to update Galaxy Y to Android Kitkat to get some ideas on how to update your device to the latest Android version available.
Safety Measures To Follow Before Your Proceed
- Charge your device to a minimum of 70% so that it doesn’t run out of battery while going through the process.
- Install Samsung Galaxy Drivers on your Pc.
- Backup all your contacts,media files,Call Logs,settings etc.
- Enable Usb Debugging on your device by heading Settings>Applications>Development>Usb Debugging.
Download Required Files To Update Galaxy Ace To Kitkat
How To Update Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 To Android Kitkat 4.4
- Download OmniROM and Google Apps Package on your desktop.
- Connect Galaxy Note N7000 to your pc using USB Cable.
- Now copy OmiROM and Google Apps Package to your SD Card without extracting it.
- Now disconnect your device and switch it off.
- Now reboot your device into recovery mode by pressing Volume Up+Home+Power keys together.
- Now create a nAndroid backup of the ROM by selecting Backup & Restore>Backup.Now the saved ROM is saved inside the SD Card.
- Now select wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache partition and then select Advanced>wipe Dalvik Cache to perform a full wipe on the device.
- Now head back to the main menu and select “install from zip card” and then select your saved ROM and then apply the ROM.
- Once the installation is completed go back and select reboot now.
- Now Samsung Galaxy N7000 will reboot and it will take around 5 minutes to reach home screen.
Now Galaxy Note N7000 is running on Android 4.4 Kitkat using the OmniROM 4.4.OnmiROM users can install the ROM by simply installing it from Recovery Mode without performing any wipe.
So now you know how to update Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 to Android Kitkat 4.4.If you are facing any problems while updating your Galaxy Note feel free to ask in comments and we will be there to help you.