Nexus 7 is one of the best Google devices and it’s been long since you were running Jelly Bean OS and you might be thinking to update Nexus 7 to Android 4.4 Kitkat.Using this tutorial you can update your Nexus 7 to latest Android version available and this is the best and easiest tutorial on web for Nexus 7.
Most of the time you need to root your device to update your device to the latest Android version available but in this tutorial you don’t need to root Nexus 7 to update Nexus 7 To Android 4.4 Kitkat.Android Kitkat update brings many enhancements and bug fixes for your device.You will be able to download and install whole new types of apps and if you root your device you will even be able to install some of the best CyanogenMod Themes on your device.
Updating Nexus 7 To Android 4.4 Kitkat can take some time so don’t get impatient while going through the process otherwise you will be left with your device bricked.Take some time and read the tutorial twice before actually rooting the device or you can also read tutorial on updating Android devices to kitkat like how can we update Galaxy N7000 to Kitkat or update Galaxy Ace to Kitkat.
Safety Measures To Follow Before Updating Nexus 7 To Kitkat
- Charge your device to a minimum of 70% so that it doesn’t run out of battery.
- Download and install Nexus 7 drivers to your pc.
- Backup all your contacts,internet settings,media files,call logs etc.
- Head to settings menu and enable usb debugging on your device.
- Don’t forget disable antivirus programs on pc and Nexus 7 and after that you can download one of the best antivirus for android to install.
Download Required Files To Update Nexus 7 To Android 4.4 Kitkat
How To Update Nexus 7 To Android 4.4 Kitkat
- Download the required files above and move them to your desktop.
- Now connect your Nexus 7 tablet to pc using Usb Cables.
- Now move the downloaded file to your SD Card.
- Now disconnect your device and switch it off.
- Now press and hold Volume Up+Down+Power key to boot your device into bootloader mode.
- Now boot into recovery mode by pressing the power button and navigate using the volume keys.
- Now as you see an exclamation mark press the power button and volume up button to get into recovery mode.
- Now select “install zip from SD Card” and navigate to the file you moved to SD Card
- Now select the file and install it on your device.
- Now it will take 5-10 minutes to boot into normal mode.
You can update Nexus 7 to Android 4.4 Kitkat following this tutorial and after the last and final boot you will device will have Android 4.4 Kitkat update.If you are having any problems or having any suggestions feel free to ask in comments and we will be there to help and don’t forget to share it with your friends.