Htc Desire A8181 also known as Htc Bravo and is running on Android V2.3 from the time it has been released but Htc Desire users are still waiting for Android 4.4 Kitkat but Htc haven’t released any official announcement regarding Android 4.4 update on Htc Desire so the only thing left is to update Htc Desire to Android 4.4 Kitkat unofficially and this is what we are going to do today.
Htc Desire is an old kind of model running Android V2.3 because that was the latest Android version available there and after tt hat no futher update was release as you already know but it was unfair to all the Htc Desire users out there so we thought to come with a method to update Htc Desire To Kitkat.To update Htc Desire to Android 4.4 Kitkat you need to root Htc Desire and only after that you can flash ROM and update it to Android Kitkat and you can also install Custom Apps or try CyanogenMod Themes or Go Launcher Ex Themes to customize your device.
Rooting and updating can really be trouble sometimes and if you don’t follow the tutorial you might even end bricking your device.So if you are looking forward to update Htc Desire to Android 4.4 Kitkat try reading some of my previous tutorials like how you can update Galaxy Ace Kitkat or Update Nexus 7 To Kitkat.These tutorials can give you some idea on updating Android devices to the latest Android version available.
Safety Measures To Follow Before Updating Htc Desire
- Rooting voids warranty to go through all the steps patiently.
- Charge your device to a minimum of 70% so that it doesn’t run out of batter while updating Htc Desire To Kitkat.
- Backup all your device media files,internet settings,contacts,call logs etc.
- Enable Usb Debugging on your device by heading to settings.
Download Required Files To Update Htc Desire To Android 4.4 Kitkat
How To Htc Desire To Android 4.4 Kitkat
- Download the required files and then switch off your device.
- Press and hold power off button and then boot into recovery mode.
- Perform a full-scale wipe-up on your device by selecting Wipe Data/Factory Reset to perform factory reset or wipe data.
- Now format your device by heading to mounts and storage and then select format/system and then select yes.
- Now go back to menu and choose “install zip from SD Card”.
- Select the Joom ROM and then flash the ROM and repeat the same process with Gapps file.
- Now reboot your device and it will take around 5-10 minutes and then your device will reboot in Android 4.4 Kitkat.
So now you know how to update Htc Desire to Android 4.4 Kitkat and you can update your device to kitkat easily.If you are having any problems or suggestions regarding this tutorial feel free to ask in comments and we will be there to help you.