Nexus 4 is one of the Google devices manufactured by LG and you are lucky if you have got one.Many peoples didn’t got their chance to get their hands on this device as it got out of stock soon and Lg was not able to keep up with the demand.A fancy device like Nexus 4 deserves more upgrades so you need to root it and for that you need a tutorial on how to root Nexus 4.
Rooting gives you access to the system settings of your Android device and you can make whatever changes you ant in your device and without any restrictions from the manufacturer.You can install Custom Apps,Custom ROM,Custom Themes which can only be installed after rooting like CyanogenMod Themes not like Go Launcher Ex Themes which can be installed without rooting your device.
There are many advantages and disadvantages of rooting and one of them is Rooting voids your device warranty and one of the disadvantages is that you can end up bricking your device if you don’t do it properly and this is why you need a perfect tutorial on how to root Nexus 4 to root your device.There are many things you can do after rooting your device like you can update your device to the latest android version available after rooting it.
Safety Measures To Follow Before Rooting Nexus 4
- Charge your device to a minimum of 80% so that it doesn’t run out of battery while rooting.
- Disable antivirus programs on your Pc and device and after rooting you can try one of the best antivirus for android.
- Backup all your device data including contacts,media files,call logs etc.
- Enable Usb Debugging On Your device.
Setting>About phone and tap around 7 times until it says you are a developer.
Settings>Developer Options>Usb Debugging
How To Root Nexus 4
- Download Android SDK and install it on your Pc so that it detects your device when it’s connected to Pc.
- Download CF Root by chainfire and extract it on your desktop.
- Now switch off your Nexus 4 and boot into Fastboot mode by pressing and holding power down and power buttons.
- Now connect your Nexus 4 to Pc using the Usb Cable.
- Now open the extracted folder and run Root-Windows.exe file and it will start rooting Nexus 4.
- Wait for some time for rooting process to complete and once it’s done you will find SuperuserSU in your app drawer.
- Congrats! You have rooted Nexus 4.
So now you know how to root Nexus 4 and if you are having problems rooting Nexus 4 feel free to ask in comments and if the tutorial worked for you don’t forget to share and like it.