Samsung Galaxy S3 is one of the best high-end smartphones in the market right now but being high-end doesn’t means that you will not face problems with your device in the coming future and there many be some times when your S3 stops responding completely and this the time when you need to do a factory reset of your device and for that you need to know how to factory reset Samsung Galaxy S3.
You will be facing many issues with your Samsung Galaxy S3 like many times Android phones get stuck and stop responding completely or some time only your buttons and screen stops responding and this is when you will feel like resetting your Samsung Galaxy S3 but resetting methods for both of the situations is different and you need to keep that in find.
If your device doesn’t responds to commands or froze for sometime then you can do a soft reset or if your device is not responding completely then you need to go with a Factory Reset or say hard Reset.Factory reset is done at the times when no hope is left for your phone and you can’t do anything to cope that situation.Factory reset can be done if you were halfway rooting Samsung Galaxy S3 and it fails and there is a chance of bricking your device,resetting your phone to factory setting can save it.
Factory resetting wipes down your whole device data and accounts attached to your phone so if you are going with a Factory Reset on your Samsung Galaxy S3 then you must backup all your data manually or you can also let Google backup your data on your Gmail account.There are mainly three best ways to Factory Reset Samsung Galaxy S3 and you can choose any one of those and go with it.
How To Factory Reset Samsung Galaxy S3
1) Factory Reset Galaxy S3 From Settings Menu
Step 1: Open Settings From Menu.
Step 2: Scroll To Personal & Choose “Backup & Reset”.
Step 3: Tap On Factory Data Reset and read all the conditions.
Step 4: Now click on Reset Device and then click on delete all.
Step 5: Your device has been Factory Reset.
2) Factory Reset Galaxy S3 Using Dial Pad
Using Dial Pad to factory reset is one of the best ways to do it.By using this method you can Factory rest your device by just pushing some numbers on your keypad and this why it is called the easiest method as well.Open your keypad and dial “*2767*3855#” on it and it will start the reset process on your phone and also wipe all your data.
3) Factory Reset Galaxy S3 Using Hardware Keys
- Shut Down your Galaxy S3 by pressing power button for 10-20 seconds.
- Now press and hold Volume Up+Home+Power button until your phone vibrates.
- Now leave power button and keep holding the two left buttons until Samsung Logo comes.
- Use Volume Up button to navigate to Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
- Now press the power button to select the option.
- Now use Volume Up button again to select “Delete All User Data”.
- Now press the power button to select it resetting process will start.
- Now when done press power button for some moment to reboot your device.
- Your Samsung Galaxy S3 has been Factory Reset!
So now you know how to factory reset Samsung Galaxy S3 and hope it worked for you and if you have any questions related to Samsung Galaxy S3 Factory Reset or rooting feel free to ask in comments and we will be there to assist you.